Monday 29 September 2014

Why I Hid My Family In Canada - Nigerian Comedian , Okey Bakassi

Popular Nigerian comedian Okechukwu Mac - Anthony also known as Okey Bakassi has explained in an interview, why he ‘ hid ’ his family abroad and what it takes to be a good comedian .
"I have been married for 13 years now. My first child is 12years old , the second just turned 10 last recently and the last boy of the house is 6.

“ They don' t live in Nigerian they were all born and raised in Canada because of the stress and fears of raising kids here in nigeria. I shuttle between Nigeria and Canada . Any other comedian who tries what I do will just die career wise. I am the one person that can leave this business 3- years and come back and still be relevant, if you try it your career is gone ” .

The Nigerian comedian continued “ I have been doing it (shuttling between Canada and Nigeria) for the past 12- years . So , imagine I haven' t gone anywhere , I will probably own everywhere .
Please allow me brag small. It is hard work and God . My kids are doing fantastically well ; they are making me and their mum proud .

" He said On what makes a good comedian , the proud father of three said , "originality , spontaneous , and continuity . Be a master story teller . You have to have that craftsmanship of a story teller . You must be spontaneous in your jokes. You have to be original; don' t depend on people ’s jokes . That is why you see some comedian fade way because they depend on other people ' s joke . Just depend on God ' s given talent and you will get there. "

The veteran all round entertainer has been around in the make - believe world for over two decades. As an accomplished actor and stand- up comedian , Okey’ s rich profile earned him appointment as Senior Special Assistant on Entertainment Affairs to the erstwhile Governor
Ikedi Ohakim of Imo State .

By:peacefmonline

0 comments:

Post a Comment