Monday 4 August 2014

I am not 'sexy', justcall me 'cute' – Jayla

Although her fans have described as “sexy” due to her attractive looks, 15-year-old Afro pop Singer Jayla says she is not comfortable with the word “sexy”. According to here, ‘cute’ is that word that
best fits here description “I have had people pass a lot of comment about me saying that I am very sexy especially when you go to my fan pages and I really appreciate those comments because
it shows that my work is being recognized but I would prefer them to use ‘cute’instead.
“This is because I am still in my teens and
you know how the Ghanaian society
perceives people who are called sexy. I do
not want to be seen in that light but at the
right time when I come of age then they
can call me sexy”, she said.
When asked whether her attitude was not
influencing people to describe her as sexy,
she said “I do not think so at all, I know the
dos and don’ts when I am in public, I do
not carry myself in any manner that will go
against the norms of my family. I come
from a very discipline home and my parents
are very particular about the kind of image
I put out there.”
“Yes I wear certain things that people
perceive to be for certain caliber of people
like sex workers or bad girls but that is all
perception. The fact that I wear such things
does not mean that is who I am. Moreover,
they are just for stage and my music
videos”, she added.
Speaking Showbiz, the “Lyk Seriously” singer
said such criticism will not in any way define
who she is or stop her from doing what she
loves and enjoys doing.
“Whatever you do people will talk about it
so I do not mind what critics say, if they are
good and worth paying attention to, I will
because I can’t do it all alone, I need
constructive ones to help me develop.
“I also have my parents support all night all
day, they guide me and admonish me when
I go wrong and the fact that I am a public
figure does not mean I should disrespect
them. They are my God on earth and I want
to live long just as the good book says about
children who are obedient.”
Jayla, whose real name is Jasmine Bridi,
Jayla, is signed on to Lynx Entertainment.
She is of Ghanaian and Lebanese descent,
and has several songs and videos to her
credit, including ‘Lyk seriously’, ‘Louder’ and
‘School’ is over.
It is her dream to be doctor in future, but
according to her, that will not be a
hindrance to her music career since it is her
“passion and calling”.
Source: DailyGraphicOnline

0 comments:

Post a Comment